Re: I am ANGRY with Debian.

On 2007-05-31, Nic James Ferrier <nferrier@tapsellferrier.co.uk> wrote:

> I fully accept the ramifications of Debian's democratic process. But
> Debian has made a big mistake here; tearing useful stuff out of
> packages because of a political decision without providing an
> automatic upgrade is stupid. It *will* lose you users.
>

> Or are they going to accept that doing this is pretty stupid and
> driving people away and that another way should be found than the
> current package vandalism.

As frustrating as it may be, they do have a valid reason. If it's any
compensation, this is a temporary situation. Once all the docs have
been moved to non-free you'll have access to them via apt-get again,
and the issue shouldn't come up again. We're just in the middle of an
awkward transition at the moment.

Tyler