Re: console keymap and console-setup

On 2007-05-30, Mumia W.. <paduille.4061.mumia.w+nospam@earthlink.net> wrote:
> On 05/30/2007 11:26 AM, Tyler Smith wrote:
>>
>> [...] I copied the custom keymap to /etc/console-setup/ and
>> rebooted, but it still doesn't load. It works when I run
>> /etc/console-setup/boottime.kmap.gz, but I have to do that manually
>> for each boot.
>>

> Perhaps you could create a custom startup script in /etc/init.d/ that
> sets up your keyboard. Naturally, you'd also have to use update-rc.d to
> ensure that the script is run in the right run-levels.

I suppose I could, but I'm still confused as to how this is supposed
to work. The boot process must be loading a keymap at some point, but
it's clearly not getting it from console-setup, or keymaps.sh. Rather
than write a new script to over-ride the default keymap, there should
be a way to select a different default? The documentation for
console-select suggests this is true, but provides no details.

Tyler