Re: SCSI - SATA device name conflict

Kevin Mark wrote:
On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 10:45:28AM +1200, Greg Trounson wrote:
Hello,

Is there a way to rebuild the initrd to tell it to load sata drivers first, or some flag to pass to the kernel to force the first hard disk to sda?

instead of using /dev/sda or /dev/sde use UUID notation.

Thanks for the idea. Unfortunately that notation is only good if the hardware does not change. If we dd that disk to another one it won't work. Also a number of system tools I believe are hard-coded to use explicit device nodes, which is why I need sda to be, well, sda.

thanks,
Greg