Re: Install which Linux? (or avoiding dirty birds)

On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 12:10:28PM -0500, Gayle Lee Fairless wrote:

> >The quoting
> >style of this (your) message was, well, different to say the least.
>
>    Ah, it was hand-cobbled.  I composed it in a well-known Word
> Processor (We won't say which one!) and then pasted it into
> Thunderbird.  I know how to eliminate the HTML and rtf stuff that some
> newbies inadvertently put into a message (simple choices under the
> Thunderbird Tools menu).  I put the initials of the responder in the
> lines to allow readers to know who was 'speaking.'  And I tried to
> eliminate redundant wording to cut down on the storage required for the
> thread.  Oh well, here's your chance to recommend your favorite client
> along with fluxbox!

Thunderbird by itself should be ok at quoting (if you change it to use
text), and if you're going to stay on this list longer you might want to
install the Reply-to-list extension. The strange thing is why threading
is broke? I thought TB generates the correct headers? Did you change any
settings?

As for other mail clients (beside mutt) I really like claws-mail (I
think the etch version is still called sylpheed-claws-gtk2). It is
lightweight and the out-of-the box defaults work great for
mailing-lists.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)