wireless adapter recommendation

Would anyone please recommend a suitable wireless adapter for these
conditons:

1) Use in 2004 Toshiba Satellite M35X-S109. Has USB ports, Cardbus slot.
Does not have mini-pci-E space/slot, (whaterver that is, it must be
something new they have these days). Does not have built-in wireless.

2) run Debian Etch '486 (will later upgrade to Debian testing).

3) Should work "out of the box", with out having to try to learn how to
recompile the kernel or insert modules or ndiswrapper, etc. However
painful to realize, I am wise enough to know that I am just too old to
learn all that.

3) Should be easily available new (not used ebay, etc) in USA.
Preberably in brick-and-mortar store (Best Buy, Circuit City, OfficeMax,
Office Depot, etc).

[Or as poor alternative, available by phone/mail/web from reputable US
retail source payable in US dollars (I'm not up to the hassles of
currency exchange and payment method problems with non-US sources, and
do not want to wait months to get it (if ever) and more months to return
it, etc).]

4) USB is preferable, since Cardbus slots may soon be extinct. I would
like to have something that can be used in a future laptop that may by
then only have USB available.

NOTE: Laptops with pre-installed with Ubunty 7.04 use "Intel
PRO/wireless 3945 a/g" adapters. But preliminary searching seems to
suggest that these are "mini-pci-E" cards, and the laptop in question
doesn't have that. And I can not afford to buy a new laptop just to get
wireless connectivity. And I really want to use Debian testing rather
than Ubuntu.

Thank you in advance for your help!