Re: http cache for dialup?

Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 10:09:10PM -0500, Mumia W.. wrote:
On 05/25/2007 07:57 PM, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
I seem to remember reading somewhere that useing an http cache proxy
would speed up browsing similar sites when using dialup.
[...]
You probably want 'wwwoffle.'

That's what I thought, but it doesn't seem to be available for Etch
amd64.

Actually, according to packages.debian.org its not in Etch at all;
oldstable, testing, and unstable.

Bugs.debian.org shows that it has a grave bug making it unuseable.

Other than that, it may be exactly what I'm looking for.  Perhaps by the
time lenny has settled down it will be fixed and I'll upgrade.

You mean #423646? But that's only 12 days old!

Hugo