Re: Is there a "Using Debian GNU/Linux" sticker?

On Wednesday 23 May 2007 19:57, Patrick Wiseman wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I've recently installed Lenny on a Toshiba Portege M100, which has this
> irritating sticker on it: "Designed for Microsoft Windows XP".  I'm
> reluctant to remove the sticker, as lasting stickiness seems likely, but
> I'd love to add a counter sticker.  Is there such a thing?
>
> Patrick

Naptha (commonly called cigarette lighter fluid) on a soft cloth, not paper
towel will remove the glue residue from all rubber based adhesive lables but
you must be careful to turn off the devices and use in a well ventilated
area. A much simpler way is to heat the tag with a hair dryer so that it may
be easily pulled off. I saw a lot of folks recommending alcohols. That will
harden rubber based glues into a very tough material and may damage your
case.
BTW: This is a great idea!!!
Thanks!
--