http cache for dialup?

I seem to remember reading somewhere that useing an http cache proxy
would speed up browsing similar sites when using dialup.

I'm not sure which package would be best.

I want light weight and minimal/simple config.  I don't need the
security configs of something like squid.  Just something so that when I
view several wiki pages, or theweathernetwork.com pages, I don't spend
so long downloading the same things over and over again.

It would be nice if it cached page elements.  For example, if I want
today's weather, its only the text that has changed since yesterday, not
all the wizbang graphics unrelated to the forcast.

Any suggestions?  I'm running Etch amd64.

Thanks,

Doug.