Re: Creating a local repos

Hi Douglas,

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 05:34:02PM -0400, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
> Just curious, why not use apt-proxy?

After having some unexplained problems with apt-proxy I switched to
apt-cacher.

I'm pretty happy with that although I did only realise recently that
it stores files based on their filename, and there are duplicate
filenames between Debian and Ubuntu packages.  So, you can't use the
same apt-cacher with both Debian and Ubuntu clients unless you hack
it up a bit to support different config files per URL.

Cheers,
Andy

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB