Creating a local repos

Hi,

I'm trying to create a local repos from the files downloaded in
/var/cache/apt/archives with apt-move. After installing apt-move and
configuring apt-move.conf file, i ran apt-move and it created a local
repos in /mirrors/debian dir. Then i added this entry in my
/etc/apt/sources.list as the first entry.

deb file:///mirrors/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free

then apt-get update.

Now if i try 2 install/reinstall a package that i know already in my
local repos, apt-get again fetches that file from ftp.debian.org
whereas it should be fetching that from my local repos and install
that instanly. But if I remove ftp.debian.org and the other entries
from sources.list, the packages gets installed from my local repos.

My question is obvious, am I missing some steps?

Regards

--
Abu Zaher

---
Time heals every wound, but time itself is a wound that never heals.