Re: Is there a "Using Debian GNU/Linux" sticker?

On Fri, 2007-05-25 at 13:14 +0200, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:

> Linas Žvirblis wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > Of course, certain types of glue on certain surfaces tend to leave ugly
> > sticky stains, but they can usually be removed with alcohol. But use it
> > only as a last resort, and be very careful - alcohol can melt certain
> > plastics.
>                                                            ^^^^
> You mean '(dis)-solve'. That's why I didn't recommend ethanol, but an
> alcohol with a longer chain.

Actually, longer chain alcohols are much more likely to soften many (if
not most) plastics than shorter chain ones.  Differences that people may
see between ethanol and e.g. propanol can be influenced strongly by the
presence of water (rubbing alcohol--30% water, vs. relatively pure grain
alcohol--5% water).

It's a messy business.  :)

Kenward
--
The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I
have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than