Windows shares again

Ok,

So I can find all sorts of information on how to share a Linux share to a windows machine using Samba and how to share a Linux share with a Linux box again using Samba. I can find all sorts of examples for each of these. I can find examples of using pam to auto mount shares on login again from Linux to Linux, but my biggest issue is finding documentation on gaining access to shared folders from a Windows machine on Linux boxes.
I want to be able to do the following upon a users login:

1. When the user logs into the Linux machine, based on what group they are assigned to, they should have certain shares automatically mounted under /home. 2. When the user logs into the Linux machine, based on what group they are assigned to, they should have all other shares not automatically mounted, set to such a way that they can't gain access to them at all. 3. When the user logs out of the Linux machine, all shares should be unmounted.

I know I am supposed to be able to do this with pam, but I am not sure how to do this. Do I need some kind of configuration file for the login part? Also, does Samba recognize groups from the XP machine? I currently use groups on the XP machine to restrict access of the users on that machine to certain directories.

I know on my Samba server that is running on my Linux machine, I can specify invalid users on a per share basis, which can limit the users access to those shares. Not really sure how to do this on the windows shared folders or if it is even possible. I guess I might have to move all that data down to the Linux server and then run it all from the Samba server.

Anyone have any other suggestions on how to work this out?

Thanks,
-Eric