Re: why linux?

I agree that you have to apply yourself, but when you
are simply applying yourself to run in circles it gets
frustrating.  Plus, my computer needs a device to
switch it off when I get overtired.  That rant was
nothing; you should have seen the hoops I had to jump
through to restore files when I deleted the wrong one.
 Fun comes in all flavours.

As mentione, I need a jumping off place and a
methodology to follow and a way to know that the
information I am getting is current or applies to 2.8
or something worse.

It'll come.  I used to program IBM mainframes; in many
ways that was worse.  If you don't believe me, try
reading IBM documentation.

What I should do is ignore those who ignore me; simply
don't return.

And, by the way, thanks to all who responded in a more
or less rational manner.

I'd light a candle for you, except with my luck it'd
probably drip on the keyboard.

--- "Eric A. Bonney"