Re: [OT] Best of UNIX/Linux Books that you can't stop reading

On 2007-05-21, Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> wrote:

>>> 3. Linux Server Hacks 1 & 2 (O'rileys).
>> 4. The Debian System, Concepts and Techniques; Martin Krafft, No
>> Starch Press (really thorough coverage of Debian package management)
>>
>> 5. Essential System Administration, O'Reilly
> 6. For you fans of classics:  The Unix Programming Environment,
> Kernighan & Pike, Prentice-Hall, 1984
>
> Kernighan also co-wrote that other classic, "The C Programming Language

7. Classic shell scripting, O'Reilly

This one was, I take it, intended as an updating of the classic
"Software tools" by Kernighan and Plauger. A great combination of
shell scripting and command-line tools. A solid introduction to the
*nix philosophy with more than enough practical examples to be
immediately useful.

Cheers,

Tyler