Re: rampant offtopic and offensive posts to debian-user

On Sat, 2007-05-19 at 08:43 +0200, M. Fioretti wrote:
> On Fri, May 18, 2007 16:41:49 PM -0400, Joey Hess (joeyh@debian.org) wrote:
> > Frans, Cord, Martin, Pascal,
> >
> > I'm writing the listmasters because reading debian-user has become
> > nearly unbearable for me (one of the sadly few DDs who bothers to
> > read our user lists) due to volume and offensiveness/repetativeness
> > of offtopic posts there.
> 4) Etch isn't out yet, so there are very few help requests and I'm
>    real bored, you know?
>
> #4 was a pathetic lie, as Joey already pointed out:
>
> > Note that all this traffic occurred _after_ etch's release, at one of
> > the periods when more users than normal are presumably trying to get
> > help on the list.

It was me that postured this, but it was "itching for Etch". True, it is
false for the release of Etch.

It you go back, and really look around the times of JUST before the
other releases, lots of OT and not really related to Debian messages.
Then after the release... nearly pure *Debian* related. I believe I even
posted the release dates so people could go back and read.

I wonder what is different this time? Dubya effect?

I don't know, I _had_ hoped it would quite down on its own. I guess I
was/am an optimist.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key: 1024D/B524687C  2003-08-05