Re: Get wirless working

Liam O'Toole wrote:

Whats' more, those modules are included in the standard kernel image
these days. The difference however is that Ubuntu packages the
firmware, whereas Debian does not. That is likely to confound the
uninitiated.

That's what I thought, but as it seems some people is having problems with this I better ask before actually dropping Ubuntu and adopting Debian for good. Isn't it just a matter of installing the ipw2200 module and compile the firmware source in the proper location? For I think we don't even have to fiddle with ieee80211, do we? And not even that would be a major problem, in my opinion.

The thing is, I guess I can't do a netinstall using the wireless card as it won't be ready during installation, is this right?

Thanks