Re: Get wirless working

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 12:43:32PM -0700, DavidDutch1964 wrote:
> I love debian. I guess we all do here.
>
> Recently, thoguh, I had to switch to Kubuntu =only= because wireless
> on my laptop JUST WORKED.
>
> I have an HP zt3000 with one of those Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG
> wireless cards built in.  It has been horrible to try to get working
> despite any instructions found on the Internet. The instruction on the
> site for this (http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net/) was tricky as it only
> focused on getting that one piece working and not networking as a
> whole.
>
> DistroWatch (http://distrowatch.com/) has had ubuntu at the top of
> their list going back to 2005 - its ashame when I know that debian is
> really the heart and soul of dopey ubuntu.
>
> Im sure debian would shoot to the top of the list if a few more things
> (like wireless) "just worked" like it does with my Kbuntu.
>
> Couldn't someone work on this problem for debian - or talk to the
> ubuntu people to get a copy to be included in the next release and apt
> sources?
>
> Somethings I don't mind figuring out and there is a great sense of
> accomplishment; but getting wireless working is not one of them.
>
> ~david (and many other debian users I talk to)

http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=2200&searchon=names&subword=1&version=all&release=all

???

Also, you may want to wrap your lines to 72 characters (I think that's
the standard? Not 100% sure on the number).

--
http://digital-haze.net/~pobega/ - My Website
If programmers deserve to be rewarded for creating innovative