Re: [not-OT] Postfix - STARTTLS problem: 454 4.3.0 TLS not available due to local problem

On Thu, 2007-05-17 at 05:31 +0530, Deboo ^ wrote:
> Sorry about postign here. I'm neither gettign a response to my posts
> from the postfix-users list nor getting any mail from the list even
> though I am subscribed since 2 years. I subscribed again and still not
> got a rely from the majordomo address. I remember having faced this
> problem 2 years ago too when I tried to subscribe. I hope someone here
> will help even though the problem isn't debian related.
>
> I'm getting the above error when I try to telnet in to my newly
> installed/configured postfix with TLS.
>
> I searched on google for this exact error but didn't get any solution.
> Just 4 - 5 pages with this error and no solution. I got the info that
> this problem is due to the certs. I double checked the paths to the
> certs and all is fine. So why this problem? Can
> someone help?

Why is this OT? Postfix is packaged for Debian, by Debian.

This might be related to TLS entropy problem when there is not enough
activity or "randomness" from the system.

Exim experiences similar problems when there is not enough activity to
produce enough randomness. It just runs out of "/dev/random"

Though I could be talking out of my /dev/ass
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key: 1024D/B524687C  2003-08-05