Re: Typing an '@' symbol on an Apple keyboard

Dear all

thanks for your replies so far. It looks like I'll have (i) to look harder to find the correct key combination or (ii) tweak the configuration my keyboard setup. I prefer (ii) because I want to use the keys on my keyboard in the way they are labelled (I'm really bad in remembering what keystrokes I'll have to press if it's not obvious from the labels on the keys). So far I've seen hints to make X11 use the keymaps from a given file. However, with the keymap setting that comes cloesest to my keyboard, the '@' (which is located on the 'G' key of my keyboard) is not functional. Therefore: is it possible to explicitly tell X11 how to handle the behaviour of a given keystroke that is not otherwise handled by the 'normal' keymap settings? If so, I'd like to make 'Alt-g' to produce an '@' (that's the way it's normally done on my keyboard).

Cheers,
Matthias

--
Matthias Brennwald