Typing an '@' symbol on an Apple keyboard

Dear all

I'm a complete newbie, and I'm not sure which mailing list is the best to post my question (I posted this to debian-user and debian-powerpc).

I successfully installed Debian 4.0 / Etch on my Apple PowerBook G4. I managed to setup my (external/USB) Apple keyboard with a Swiss-German keymap. However, I could not figure out how to produce an '@' symbol... in Mac OS X I press 'Option-g' to type an '@', but that does not work in Linux / Debian. Any hints?

Matthias

--
Matthias Brennwald
Nagra