Re: Problems getting pics from Minolta

On Sun, May 13, 2007 at 18:03:09 -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:
> Florian Kulzer wrote:

[...]

> > Let's have a quick look at the partition table. Please post the output
> > of
> >
> > fdisk -l /dev/sda
> >
> > (You need to be root or a member of group "disk" to run this command.)
>
> Here is is....doesn't look right to me !!
>

>   Disk /dev/sda: 7 MB, 7954432 bytes
> 1 heads, 16 sectors/track, 971 cylinders
> Units = cylinders of 16 * 512 = 8192 bytes
>
>    Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
> frank@debian:~$

There are no partitions listed, but that might be normal for these
camera flash cards. (I don't have much experience with those things,
unfortunately. I had hoped somebody else might spot something.)

> I am going to try the monitoring syslog a little later - got a few
> other things to do :)

In your other mail it looks normal first and then completely wrong.
Maybe this is indeed caused by flaky hardware, e.g. memory card, cable
or camera battery.

          Florian   |