Re: [workaround] Recent upgrade killed matlab [and everything java related]

On Mon, 7 May 2007 00:01:13 +0300
Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il> wrote:

> On Sun, 6 May 2007 10:24:09 -0600
> "Wesley J. Landaker" <wjl@icecavern.net> wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday 01 May 2007 01:58:49 Micha Feigin wrote:
> > > Recent upgrades of sid killed matlab 7 (sp2) for me. When I try to start
> > > it with the jvm active (gui) I get the error:
> > >
> > > MATLAB: xcb_xlib.c:50: xcb_xlib_unlock: Assertion `c->xlib.lock' failed.
> > > Aborted

Turns out that the new xcb support is not compatible with java's awt. The only
solution I found was to downgrade libx11 to pre xcb support and uninstall all
xcb packages.

Turns out this problem attacks anything java on any xcb enabled libx11