Re: epiphany-browser and iceweasel do not start

On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 12:27:46PM +0200, Rainer Dorsch <rdorsch@web.de> wrote:
(...)
> When I copy the xulrunner directory additionally
> to /mnt/hda1/usr/share/xulrunner epiphany-browser comes up and runs.
>
> I am even more surprised about that than about the not working relative link.
> I am missing something here.... Any hints are welcome.

It's actually pretty simple:
There are several links from /usr/lib/xulrunner to /usr/share/xulrunner,
and they are relative. So /usr/lib/xulrunner/res points to
../../share/xulrunner/res.

What happens is that the relative link works from the location of the
link. So, since /usr/lib/xulrunner/res is actually
/mnt/hda7/usr/lib/xulrunner/res, from there, ../../share/xulrunner/res
is /mnt/hda7/usr/share/xulrunner/res.

If it works in the shell, it's probably because of some corner cases. if
you just ls /usr/lib/xulrunner/res/ it should not work.

Mike