Re: [OT] Terminology [was: Affecting Institutional Change (Yeah Right)]

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 07:10:28PM -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 05:26:29PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > On 05/11/07 11:08, Amy Templeton wrote:

> Seriously, if a business is not accessible to someone, that person is
> free to patronize a business that is willing to cater.

But what if none do.  Until smoking in public places was banned in
Ontario, there were many places I couldn't go. period.  Then it was
restraunts.  fine, I have food allergies and can only eat at SwissChalet
and they are big enough that I could sit far away from the smoking
section or get takeout.  But until very recently, workplaces were
allowed to be smoking if they chose.  Kinda hard when I was a temp
worker saving up for UofT by doing data entry (paid a nice premium
because of speed and accuracy).

Then again, I'm from Canada.  We used to be communist, don't you know,
before we got Stephen Harper-Bush.

Doug.