Re: [OT] The record industry, RIAA and US law

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 09:37:57AM -0400, Celejar wrote:

> Well, I see that all that it really did (and does, WRT Cuba) is require
> higher tarrifs on their goods, so it results in you, the consumer,
> paying higher prices, but not being legally unable to buy the product.
> But my point remains the same; I consider it a form of moral cynicism
> to criticize the US for restricting its citizens freedom in the name of
> fighting a rather unfree system of government. Of course, as I've been
> saying to Johannes, that's still a restriction of freedom, albeit one
> in a noble cause.

If you must criticize anyone over the restrictions and embargo against
Cuba, then it must be with the Cuban exiles here in the US.  They are
generally a very successful and politically influential group.  They
also want to make Castro "suffer" for what he has done.  Of course, as
was the case with Iraq, there is no evidence that the embargo does
anything but hurt the poor and middle class.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez