Re: [OT] The record industry, RIAA and US law

Joe Hart wrote:

So you're saying we're going to be the UESSR and not the USE?  Oh no,
people will start calling us the commies.  ;)

No, I didn't mean to say that's what it will be called, just that the
EU has very much more in common with the USSR than with the USA, and
that it could be seen as quite offensive to use the term 'United States'
in relation to Europe. The EU Constitution is about as far away from the
US Constitution as it is possible to get.

There's been a few murmurs from some old USSR satellite countries now
in the EU that they thought they'd got away from that kind of thing...