Re: to lvm or not to lvm?

Have additional hard drive, which can store any data temporary, while I'm preparing main disks. I have 160GB and 60GB drives. I have plan to make 60GB raid1 and 100GB for not very valuable data on rest of the 160GB drive. Now my VG(consisting all data) is on temporary 320GB drive and my /boot on ext3 partition is om 160GB.

What I want is to put that /boot on raid1 along with very valuable data from temporary drive (VG) and not very valuable data on that 100GB not raid part. Everything except /boot should be on LVM.

Hope my goal is clear now :)