Re: [OT] Good, evil and religion [WAS] Re: A way to compile 3rd party modules into deb system?

steef wrote:
> Joe Hart wrote:

> I assume you're referring to the above.
>
> As for the thesis, it is intriguing, but I would think that a devout
> person would pick it to pieces.
>
> Joe
>
>> well that is a suggestive answer. but not an answer with too much
>> content?!?

Well, it's an empty thesis.  ;)

Actaully, I think it would be better stated "where reason ends belief
begins", but that is not very accurate.  A better way to phase it would
be "Where reason ends, faith begins."

The problem might stem from the fact that geloof means both believe and
faith in Dutch, but in English there is a distinctions between the two.

Faith is by definition believing in something that cannot be proven, and
that is what religion usually is.  It is not wrong to believe in a
faith, and Roberto and Celejar do a good job of defending their religion.

I fall more into Greg's camp.

Joe