Re: passwd and ldap [SOLVED]

On 5/10/07, Alex Samad <alex@samad.com.au> wrote:
On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 10:34:41AM +0200, Martin Marcher wrote:
> The solution is in the options pam stack uses:
>
> /etc/pam.d/common-password:
> password   sufficient pam_ldap.so ignore_unknown_user
> password   required   pam_unix.so try_first_pass nullok obscure min=4 max=8
> md5

mine looks like

password sufficient pam_unix2.so nullok call_modules=ldap
password required pam_ldap.so  try_first_pass md5

he, so you did it just the other way around. Did you modify the
pam.d/other to have a default deny policy because (pam_deny or
whatever). Because I'm thinking about it but on the other hand it's
just too convenient to have a default config that will allow new
services...

--
Martin Marcher
martin.marcher@gmail.com