Re: passwd and ldap [SOLVED]

On 5/10/07, Alex Samad <alex@samad.com.au> wrote:
I had a similar problem, the way i tracked it down was to turn on logging on
slapd it worked out the permissions were not correct. If memory serves me
correctly I used a binddn as well a a rootdn.

I'm using apacheds (directory.apache.org - really great piece of software).

The solution is in the options pam stack uses:

/etc/pam.d/common-password:
password   sufficient pam_ldap.so ignore_unknown_user
password   required   pam_unix.so try_first_pass nullok obscure min=4 max=8 md5

* ignore_unknown_user is needed so that a non ldap user (e.g. root)
will be handled by pam_unix
* try_first_pass will just take the first password so that you don't
have to type it twice in case it's a local user and not a ldap user.