Re: [OT] Screen (was Affecting Inst. Change)

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 10:49:30PM +0000, Tyler Smith wrote:

> Second, and more to the (OT) point, what does screen do better than
> multiple xterms, or shell-mode in Emacs? I'm pretty mouseless most of
> the time, emacs and xterm being my primary tools, but I keep seeing
> reference to this screen thing. Just curious... I'm going to have to
> take a look at Stump now too, since Fluxbox does still have me mousing
> around for a few things, mostly arranging my multiple xterms.

What I really like about screen is that it makes having multiple things
going on via a remote connection very easily.  I use keychain to manage
times, only the last session gets the benefit, since each log in starts
by clearing the keys that are there from memory.

Also, the copy/paste functionality is very nice and mouseless.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez