Re: [OT] Good, evil and religion [WAS] Re: A way to compile 3rd party modules into deb system?

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 11:47:47 -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 08:54:57AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> > > I don't remember seeing that.  Cite?
> >

> > $ bible
> > bible: Debian/BRS Release 4.18, $Date: 2005/01/23 11:29:22 $
> > Hit '?' for help.
> >
> > Genesis 1
> >
> >   1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
> > bible(KJV) [Gen1:1]> 1king7:23
> >
> > 1 Kings 7
> >
> >   23 And he made a molten sea, ten cubits from the one brim to the
> > other: it was round all about, and his height was five cubits: and a
> > line of thirty cubits did compass it round about.
> >

> Well, since we are getting all scientific, the ratio of the diameter of
> a circle to its circumference is in fact 3, if all you have is one
> significant digit, which it appears is all we have from the text.  Now,
> if it said "ten point zero zero cubits" and "five point zero zero
> cubits" and "thirty point zero zero cubits" then there might be a point
> in there.

$ wcalc 10*pi
 = 31.4159

The god from the bible can create the universe, but he cannot round to
the nearest integer correctly? Did Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva have to help
him with the delicate balance of the natural constants?

          Florian   |