Re: [OT] SWF to MP4 converter

On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 23:17 -0400, Carl Fink wrote:

> If you want to download the raw FLV video that's being streamed through a
> SWF file on a web page, you can use the youtube-dl package (included in
> Etch) or the VideoDownload addon for Firefox.

I use clive (available in Debian) to download flash videos and ffmpeg to
convert them to AVI's.  I'm always getting emails and so forth with
links to YouTube videos, which I generally do want to watch, but not at
that particular moment.  So I paste the URL into a text file, then every
so often run

clive -y < yturls.txt

which downloads all the FLV files from YouTube in one go (the '-y'
option just tells clive to go ahead and download without asking for
confirmation).  Any that I like and want to save I convert with

ffmpeg -i goodvideo.flv goodvideo.avi.

You can tell clive to download and convert in one go, but since I really
only convert maybe 10% (if that), I haven't bothered.

--
Michael M. ++ Portland, OR ++ USA
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions