Re: [OT] Good, evil and religion [WAS] Re: A way to compile 3rd party modules into deb system?

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 11:30:36AM -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:

> > So it seems you put your full trust in those people to make a good
> > translation. Don't you see a contradiction here?
> >
> I do not.  I put my full trust in God to accurately preserve His Word.
> Seriously, why would I believe that God is all powerful yet incapable of
> preserving His Word?

My belief here is somewhat derived from a popular Romanian saying (it
doesn't translate too well, but I think you'll get the point): "God
gives, but He doesn't put it in your bag". In this context it would mean
that God gives us His word, but it is our responsibility to translate,
interpret and use it correctly.

Regards,
Andrei
P.S. Please don't CC.