Re: Well I'm back in business.

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 10:28:27PM -0400, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
> On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 10:17:47PM -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> > On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 03:39:20AM +0200, pizzapie_linuxanchovies wrote:
> > > permissions.  I am thinking of filing my 1st bug report ever for this, if
> > > there isn't one already.
> > >

> > Bastille has some "issues".  I used a long time ago and found that it
> > caused breakage in subtle ways that were difficult to pin down.  It
> > appears you have had a similar experience :-)
>
> It sounds as if a bug report is warranted if it has known 'issues' like
> this.  It should back out of whatever it does when its removed.

That happens to be one of the issues.  Another issue is that many of its
changes are overwritten on package upgrade.  THe fact is, Bastille is
not well integrated with the Debian way of doing things.  The maintainer
will gladly welcome any patches.  He has told me so :-)

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez