Re: (solved on my own) Re: how to use dpkg to list some packages

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 11:29:58PM +0200, Nigel Henry wrote:

> Not your fault man, but I emailed to all 3 maintainers there and all got
> thrown back. See below.
>
>  - These recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server:
> mvo@debian.org; Failed; 5.3.0 (other or undefined mail system status)
>
>     Remote MTA master.debian.org: network error

This may be a greylisting thing.  It sends a non-permanent error on the
first time you try and send.  A compliant mail server will retry the
connection in a few hours, at which point the mail will be accepted.  A
spammer will not have time to try again and so will not bother.

>  - SMTP protocol diagnostic: 550 Administrative prohibition
>
> and
>
> Today 20:05:22
>
>  - These recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server:
> niemeyer@conectiva.com; Failed; 5.1.1 (bad destination mailbox address)
>
>     Remote MTA perninha.conectiva.com.br: SMTP diagnostic: 550 5.1.1
> <niemeyer@conectiva.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in relay
> recipient table
>
> and again
>
> Today 20:05:23
>
>  - These recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server:
> sebastien.heinlein@web.de; Failed; 5.1.1 (bad destination mailbox address)
>
>     Remote MTA mx-ha01.web.de: SMTP diagnostic: 550 Unknown local part
> sebastien.heinlein in <sebastien.heinlein@web.de>

Not sure about these.

Regards,

-Roberto