Re: (solved on my own) Re: how to use dpkg to list some packages

On Tuesday 08 May 2007 18:34, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@tiscali.fr>  said:
> > Perhaps I should put this to Synaptic's maintainer. Anyone know who
> > that is?
> >
> > Nigel.
>
> <Help> menu, click <About>, then <Credits>
>
> Cybe R. Wizard

Not your fault man, but I emailed to all 3 maintainers there and all got
thrown back. See below.

 - These recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server:
mvo@debian.org; Failed; 5.3.0 (other or undefined mail system status)

    Remote MTA master.debian.org: network error

 - SMTP protocol diagnostic: 550 Administrative prohibition

and

Today 20:05:22

 - These recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server:
niemeyer@conectiva.com; Failed; 5.1.1 (bad destination mailbox address)

    Remote MTA perninha.conectiva.com.br: SMTP diagnostic: 550 5.1.1
<niemeyer@conectiva.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in relay
recipient table

and again

Today 20:05:23

 - These recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server:
sebastien.heinlein@web.de; Failed; 5.1.1 (bad destination mailbox address)

    Remote MTA mx-ha01.web.de: SMTP diagnostic: 550 Unknown local part
sebastien.heinlein in <sebastien.heinlein@web.de>

I've always found it's a bit of a joke trying to contact package maintainers,
and I wonder why their e-mail addresses are even put in the "about's" for the
packages.

I'll just continue to work with synaptic as it is. It's no big deal, and just
thought that my suggestion would have made it a bit easier to use.

Nigel.