Re: [Etch] pppoe problem - unable to ping or lookup

On 5/7/07, Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:

> Yep I meant that above line. Ip address means an "ip address" after
> all not hostname.  And yes may be n00bs don't make a difference
> between the two. I'm no expert at all but not a n00b atleast.

not implying that you're a noob, just covering the bases. :)

I just meant I wan't a n00b, doesn't imply n00bs are some unearthly
creatures or are someone to look down upon - I was one too at a time
with debian and at that time this list and the people on irc helped
lot. Thanks to people like you who wish to help. :-)

> dhcp is installed and I installed pump too since the dhcp client I saw
> at times unable to get any ip at boot. At other times it got without
> any error message.

do are you running two dhcp clients? that could cause problems for
sure.

Nope, just installed pump but not running it on startup. Which one is
better of the two?

Regards,
Deboo

--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.