Re: TeTex to TeXLive

On 07 May 2007 19:22:40 GMT
Tyler Smith <tyler.smith@mail.mcgill.ca> wrote:

> On 2007-05-07, Amy Templeton <amy.g.templeton@gmail.com> wrote:
> > TeX installation. Is there some safe way of moving over?
>
> I just jumped in, and the only issue I had was getting my source files
> (ie. non-standard .bst, .bib, .cls files) into the right directories

If you have non-standard files you should put them in ~/texmf and then run
texhash ~/texmf.
This way they survive whatever update you've got and the hash is local so I
didn't have to rerun texhash after the update

Getting XeTeX to run to some more work, but that is irrelevant to the question
since tetex doesn't have XeTeX (good utf and truetype font support)