Re: For KDE: Re: how to hide the mouse pointer

Manon Metten wrote:
> Hi Johannes,
>
> On 5/4/07, about unclutter you wrote:
>
> The following works fine for KDE:
> >
> > 11:16:39-jw@johannes2:~$ more .kde/Autostart/unclutter
> > #!/bin/bash
> > /usr/bin/unclutter
> >
> > $ chmod u+x .kde/Autostart/unclutter
>
> It works fine, but how do I supply some args like: -idle 1 -keystroke?
> If I enter "/usr/bin/unclutter -idle 1 -keystroke" in
> ~/.kde/Autostart/unclutter, it doesn't work at all.
> At the moment, the cursor disappears after 10 secs, which at least is
> better than nothing.

'-idle 1' lets the cursor disappear after 1 second.
'-keystroke' lets the cursor disappear after pressing a key.
So these two options contradict each other, and give unpredictable
results.  I would use only one of the two.

BTW, instead of putting the script into ~/.kde/Autostart, you could add
the 2 lines to /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc, or, for one user, create the file
~/.xinitrc and put it there.  It will work in every DE and WM then, not
just KDE.