how to hide the mouse pointer

Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible to configure the mouse pointer
to disappear when not in use. I know I can just move it out of the way
into a corner somewhere, not a big deal. But if it's possible to have
the pointer just disappear after a few seconds of inactivity, and
reappear the next time I move it, that would be handy.

Not a real burning issue, I know. Is this possible, and if so how? Is
this something that X can do, or is it controlled by the wm?

Cheers,

Tyler