Re: Mount problem for an external USB hard drive

Raffaele Morelli wrote:
> So the device is mounted but you can not read it. If yes look at
> /etc/fstab and see if umask is set for your /dev/sda* devices, setting
> umask=022 for the mount point should work.

No, because I'm using automount, so the entry cannot be in fstab.
I edited /etc/pmount.allow inserting the name of the device,
and it seems nor work fine. However, for in that file is written:

# pmount will allow users to additionally mount all devices
that are # listed here.

I don't understand if and how is it possible to limit
the access to device only to some users...

Thanx
M.