Re: Is it Java or is it Iceweasel?

Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 09:22:28AM -0500, Dennis G. Wicks wrote:
I was afraid that it would turn out to be something along this line.

I guess I will give up and do what I have been thinking about for
a couple of weeks. Set up a windows machine and stick it down in
my server room. Then I can VNC to it to do those "Windows only"
things like this topic, Pagemaker, OpenOffice, Opera, etc. It won't
be nice or neat, but at least I will be able to get something done
instead of beating my head against the wall!

What happens if you try Konqueror?  Just Konq, not necessarily the whole
KDE.

Doug.

Oh yes. Another failed experiment.

Running Konqueror from the Gnome Applications>Internet dropdown does nothing.
No errors, no new windows or tasks, nothing.

If I open a terminal session then;

dgwicks:~$ konqueror
Floating point exception
dgwicks:~$

I installed it with apt-get and it only installed a couple of things
extra. All appeared reasonable. I first tried aptitude and it wanted
to delete half of my system. Probably thought I was changing from
Gnome to KDE. I replied 'n' to the prompt.

Just as an aside, it seems most of the things that fail on my system
get a floating point exception. Is that a clue to something?

Thanks for the help!