Re: Is it Java or is it Iceweasel?

Vibhav Sharma wrote:
David Claughton wrote:
Dennis G. Wicks wrote:
- These web sites work *on*all*other*systems* I have accessed
 them from

For example?

- These are *big*corps* with 1000s of users/customers. If it
 were a problem on their side I think they would have
found and fixed it by now.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Often if the site works in IE they're happy.

Can you provide a couple or three example URLs? Maybe if people here can see what you see they might be able to provide more specific advice.

Dave.

Yup, I did some javascript work awhile back and thank god for Firefox/Iceweasel. It gives lots of detailed debugging info if you write bad code. Though it still runs it.

Actually the problem is with javascripts implementation. It is supposed to very tolerant of code. So developers developing in it only work till "It works" point. Also behaviour is not completely consistent across browsers. Firefox / Iceweasel is actually most compliant to the specification. IE does the same job but not always according to specification. What that means is that you have to write slightly different code for IE and different code for FF/Iceweasel to get the same thing done. And in FF/Iceweasel you do it that way W3C defined it is to be done. IE is the one that does it differently. Don't worry about it unless some functionality breaks. which though I think is quite unlikely. And those big corporations, they are basically writing broken code so that it runs on both IE and FF. Not their fault either.

Vibhav Sharma
Drishti-Soft Solutions Pvt Ltd
SCO-36, Sector 31
Gurgaon, INDIA-122001

P: 91 124 4085120
F: 91 124 4039120
W: http://www.drishti-soft.com

Well curse words!!!

I was afraid that it would turn out to be something along this line.

I guess I will give up and do what I have been thinking about for
a couple of weeks. Set up a windows machine and stick it down in
my server room. Then I can VNC to it to do those "Windows only"
things like this topic, Pagemaker, OpenOffice, Opera, etc. It won't
be nice or neat, but at least I will be able to get something done
instead of beating my head against the wall!

Thanks for all the help and suggestions, and sorry for getting upset
but it really gets frustrating at times.

Again, Thank You All!
Dennis