Re: How do I setup printer?

> It's basic thing but I don't remember how to setup printer.
> In general user, I can't print any paper.
> I tried 'lpr' command for test, it gives about permission denied
> error.

> I checked the Debian/GNU Linux System Admin's manual.
> The printer setup section is blank. :-(

> In addition, how do I install a simple X-Window manager such as
> fluxbox?
> I want to install xterm too.

The easiest way to set up a printer is to install the package
printconf, and then run it.  It's a similar utility to alsaconf (that
sets up soundcards for you).  The description for printconf is:

printconf - automatically configures USB and parallel printers with CUPS

As root, in the terminal, just enter the command printconf.  It should
work.  It depends on what type of printer you have, though (some
printers, like Canon, don't work well with Linux, I find).

Installing xterm and fluxbox should be the same as installing anything
else:

# aptitude install fluxbox xterm

or, you could use synaptic or apt.

Mark