Re: How to boot in to Etch if grub fails to load and deletes NTLDR?

On 5/4/07, Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 09:39:57AM +0530, Deboo ^ wrote:

> Is there an option I can make a "boot CD" like the boot floppy option
> present in RedHat/Fedora systems towards the end of installation?

You can use the netinst CD as a rescue disk. Just boot with option
'rescue' or 'rescuegui'.

Regards,
Andrei

Well I want a substitute for the "boot floppy" that used to boot the
system in the days gone by. Even a 1.44 MB floppy was able to boot a
normal debian system .... I think I did it once on a potato 2.2 system
and it would happily boot off the floppy in to the normal debian and
even X worked well.

Is that not possible with the netinstall? Where's that boot floppy option now?

Regards,
deboo

--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.