Re: (not solved)Re: how to remove a module in the boot process

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 10:39:56AM -0400, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
> On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 03:20:54AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > On 05/03/07 02:49, Serena Cantor wrote:
> > > I think aic7xxx is not loaded in the same way as other modules.
> > > Usually, before module loading, you must have a file system(fs).
> > > aic7xxx is loaded to prepare a fs.
> > >
> > > I look at /etc/modutils directory and /etc/modules.conf.
> > > don't get any clue. Thanks anyway!
> >
> > I'd look, then, in your grub or lilo.conf files, and then your
> > /boot/config-X file.
> >

> What about /etc/initramfs-tools/modules?  I've never rebuilt the intrd
> but this may provide a clue.  I _think_ that if the aic7xxx module is
> listed there that you would remove it, backup your functioning initrd,
> then update-initramfs -u.

also in your conf file for the initrd builder there is a method to
specify which modules get included. Usually something like "ALL",
"MOST", or "DEPS". THat controls how the initrd builder determines
what modules to include automatically.

> YMMV and please RTFM since I haven't.

indeed RTFM as my suggestion is totally general -- we don't know what
you're using for initrd building.