Re: (not solved)Re: how to remove a module in the boot process

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 03:20:54AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 05/03/07 02:49, Serena Cantor wrote:
> > I think aic7xxx is not loaded in the same way as other modules.
> > Usually, before module loading, you must have a file system(fs).
> > aic7xxx is loaded to prepare a fs.
> >
> > I look at /etc/modutils directory and /etc/modules.conf.
> > don't get any clue. Thanks anyway!
>
> I'd look, then, in your grub or lilo.conf files, and then your
> /boot/config-X file.

What about /etc/initramfs-tools/modules?  I've never rebuilt the intrd
but this may provide a clue.  I _think_ that if the aic7xxx module is
listed there that you would remove it, backup your functioning initrd,
then update-initramfs -u.

YMMV and please RTFM since I haven't.

Good luck.

Doug.