Re: tv-out, nvidia

Douglas Allan Tutty on 30/04/07 21:46, wrote:
On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 09:59:40PM +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:
On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 20:33:27 +0100, Adam Hardy wrote:
Don Hayward on 26/04/07 16:25, wrote:
On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, Adam Hardy wrote:
I've got a hot nvidia 7950GT GPU which is supported by nvidia's latest driver 1.0-9755. It's running with a TV in my living room.

As for the screen size, I think I've got the xorg.conf set up as perfect as it can be [snipped]
after help from people here, I have got further, but only to the point where X will only load if I disable the glx module.
I think that is normal since the proprietary nvidia driver contains its
own GLX implementation. The installation instructions explicitly state
that you should comment out the normal glx module.

You should install the nvidia-xconfig package.  The steps I followed to
get nvidia working on my box was first to get it working with the free
nv driver, then save this config, then install the nvidia packages
(including the pre-packaged nvidia kernel modules), and the other nvidia
related packages.

Then read the docs that come with the nvidia packages.  Then run
nvidia-xconfig (I forget the actual command line, read the docs).  It
alters your xorg.conf so that things like the glx stuff is fixed.

If you find you're needing a nvidia driver newer than the pre-packaged
one, you can probably still use the nvidia-xconfig package to fix
xorg.conf.

Hi Doug,
thanks for the input but the driver for this card aren't available in the debian packages yet, they're only available via nvidia's own download, including their install script.

regards
Adam