Re: where is the w32codecs for amd64 testing?

P Kapat wrote:
On 5/2/07, Greg Folkert <greg@gregfolkert.net> wrote:

Sorry for the long lines...

Well according to: ffmpeg -formats

[snip]
I am sorry if I didn't get it, but what was the point of the "long lines"?

Note, the names of encoders and decoders dont always match, so there are
several cases where the above table shows encoder only or decoder only entries even though both encoding and decoding are supported for example, the h263 decoder corresponds to the h263 and h263p encoders, for file formats its even
worse

Hopefully they are like Prego, its in there.

you mean to say the ffmpeg from www.debian-multimedia.org are robust
enough to work on 32-bit as well as 64-bit systems without doing a
chroot?

To re-instate the issue and not go astray:
Are there any options of using the w32codecs (or anything similar) in
64-bit systems? As Joe had commented, there are no such thing as
'w64codecs'. The way to use w32codecs is to chroot into a 32bit
system. Is that THE ONLY way? Are there any other ways around?
What pacakges (if any) from www.debian-multimedia.org incorporate
these codecs for a 64-bit system? Does ffmpeg from
www.debian-multimedia.org for 64-bit systems include the relevant
codecs? Has anyone used it with success or is everyone just
conjecturing?

I am able to play most file formats on amd64 OS, including WMV-HD, with mplayer.

HTH

Wackojacko